Thursday, March 05, 2009

A providential escape

On Shivarathri day while I was returning from the temple, all of a sudden and out of nowhere, a motorbike rushed towards me and hit my left hand and threw me to the side of the road. All this happened in a split second and I was totally caught unawares. But fortunately for me, I had the most providential escape ever and I lived to tell the tale. A lot of people gathered around and an old couple shouted and screamed at the teenage rider and his even younger friend, the pillion rider. I was too shocked to say anything to them, but to be very frank, my shock was at having escaped unhurt (except for a minor sprain in my left hand) considering the magnitude of the hit and at ‘what all could have happened...’ I was still shaking when I recounted it to my family and I am even now when I think of all the bizarre fatalities of the accident. I realize more than ever the great kindness of the Almighty and also at the helplessness of human beings. One moment we are hale and hearty and the next…?

We are at the constant mercy of our Creator, but sadly most of us do not realize it and hence succumb to our petty egos and eventually lead a life inflated with greed, pride and selfishness.

1 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my God...so glad u escaped unhurt. pls take care. there are a lot of reckless drivers on the loose.....thank God u r ok.
i am coming to Chennai on April 12th, will be there for 10 days...see u then.
divvy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home